Senior Full Stack Engineer, Storefront at Chewy
Chewy is growing! We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our team developing Chewy.com. Chewy is the go-to online shopping destination for all things pet and we are continuously striving to delight pet parents with a seamless experience across our platforms.
At Chewy, you will specialize in building web applications that scale to millions of users, providing the best possible customer experience. If you enjoy working on large scale, mission critical applications, that can profoundly contribute to the company’s success then this is the place for you.
We are looking for talented individuals who:
- are action oriented
- delight in learning new technologies and enjoy becoming the “go to” person
- enjoy sharing their knowledge with teammates
- are result driven
- communicate effectively
- have a passion for doing their job well
- bring out the best in others
What you'll do:
- Design and implement new features in Chewy’s products
- Write client-side and server-side code for web-based applications, creating fast, easy-to-use, high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly
- Optimize web applications to maximize speed and scale
- Support diverse clients, from high-powered desktop computers to small-footprint mobile devices
- Create and execute integration and user experience testing plans
- Interact with application services to access and store information in a comprehensive e-commerce ecosystem
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with Product Management and Design teams.
- Experiment with new technologies to optimize customer retention and conversion
- Follow the latest advancements in front-end, back-end technologies and techniques
- Review code and mentor other developers on best practices
What you'll need:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with JSP pages to implement front-end templates for web applications
- Experience building HTML pages that are responsive across desktop, tablets, and mobile devices
- Experience in web technologies such as Spring Boot, Swagger, Lambda functions
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals – object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- SQL and RDBMS experience
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Work in an agile development environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Strong communication skills as well as experience in mentoring and educating your peers
- A strong sense of responsibility and an obsession with quality
- This position may require travel
- Test automation experience (selenium, webdriver, mocha, jasmine, etc) is a big plus.
- Experience with Vue.js, React, or other reactive frameworks.
- Interest and ability to learn other languages/frameworks as needed
- Data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Experience with modern version control systems (Git, Mercurial, etc)
- Experience in any design studio or working with design team for extracting assets and building templates.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]