Senior Front End Engineer at Acquia
Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named a top place to work by the Boston Globe and the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future, and we want you to be a part of it!
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL GET TO:
- Lead development of features, experiments, technical projects and sophisticated systems.
- Be a technical mentor, and driver towards the right technology.
- Estimate the amount of work required to deliver requirements.
- Build high quality web apps with the latest technologies including TS and Angular
- Continue to evolve our architecture and build better software
- Be a major contributor to our agile and scrum practices
- Get involved with technical team members to build the best solution
- Participate in technical design and code review
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- At least 5 years of experience developing frontend web applications and 3+ years in Angular framework.
- Working experience with Agile, Scrum.
- Experience collaborating with UX, Product Management teams.
- Excellent HTML5/CSS3 skills – you understand the importance of UX.
- Experience in CSS preprocessors like SASS and LESS
- You love new technologies and approaches and want to use the best tools available.
- Extremely proficient in modern coding and design practices. For example DRY, SOLID principles, and TDD.
- Ability to write excellent unit tests
- Sophisticated knowledge of adaptable web design and experience implementing pixel perfect designs across a broad range of browsers and devices
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem-solving skills with an ability to collaborate asynchronously in a multi-time zone environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering discipline/experience
IT'S GREAT IF YOU HAVE:
- Knowledge in physical architecture at scale, building resilient, no single point of failures, highly available solutions.
- Experience and curiosity about automated testing is a plus.
- Knowledge and hands on experience in CI/CD solutions would be a plus.
- Strong experience in all aspects of client-side performance optimization.
- Have experience in marketing technologies.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.