Senior Front End Engineer, Personalization at Chewy
Millions of pet parents with unique needs visit Chewy.com looking for products for their beloved pets. We have the task to decide what products would be most useful to them and help them discover those products. How do we do this?
Meet Personalization team @ Chewy. We use best of machine learning techniques and continuously test the outcomes to simplify product discovery for pet parents looking for their pet needs on Chewy.com. Our exceptional multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, data engineers, software/front-end engineers and product managers work together to power personalized recommendations and product discovery for pet parents. Our mission is to make Chewy a trusted partner who meets pet-parents’ needs in an intuitively personalized and friction-free way. Our team has single threaded ownership of the space allowing us to decide impactful products that we can experiment, measure with metrics, and deliver to maximize value to our customers.
We are hiring Senior Front-End Engineers for our Personalization team in Boston, MA. In this position, you will build scalable and robust front-end components that are re-usable and easily customizable across Chewy. Your work will directly impact millions of customers who shop for their furry family members every day. Engineers in this team focus on learning, and on working together as a team to deliver technical products that our customers love.
What you'll do:
- Be yourself; do what you like to do – build awesome UI components that customers love.
- Learn a lot; you’ll have access to excellent training, friendly peers/mentors, and leaders who focus on your career growth.
- Work with a team of awesome people who are passionate about personalization.
- Work with product team to build new features/experiences for our customers.
- Review code written by others, provide feedback, and mentor junior engineers.
- Gain good understanding of the systems, their dependencies and shortcomings.
- Write good front-end code, test it, and ship it. It’s as simple as that.
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Software Engineering or equivalent.
- 6+years of front-end experience using various layout and rendering technologies and techniques.
- 3+ years of experience working on large consumer facing, data driver, web applications.
- Experience with common front-end languages and frameworks such as HTML, CSS, React, Vue, Angular.
- Position may require travel
- Experience building reusable UI/UX components,
- Experience working with AWS or similar cloud environments.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]