Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Nuance is looking for a dynamic, motivated, creative, self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills to oversee a team of infrastructure engineers focused on building out and maintaining data center technologies in a hybrid on-prem/cloud environment.
The Director of Infrastructure Engineering will be responsible for providing oversight and guidance for Enterprise Division information technology and business initiatives and for ensuring that technology selection and implementation is in line with business objectives and is accomplished within the time and cost constraints.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and lead technology implementation projects, initiatives, and teams. Ensure that all projects are delivered in a timely manner against stated objectives
- Ensure the most effective utilization of IT resources, including personnel and across the organization
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations
- Ensure the continuous and secure operation, administration, and maintenance of the company’s IT infrastructure and facilities
- Oversee the assigned Opex and Capex budgets in accordance with company’s financial goals.
- Create effective partnerships and negotiate support agreements with services providers and hardware/software vendors
- Develop, manage and mentor subject matter experts
- Manage vendor relationships and contracts
- Must be able to build relationships with technology and business teams across the company. A strong and outgoing personality is a MUST for this position.
- Interacts routinely with vendors, service providers, consultants/advisors, cloud service providers and professional organizations.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualification:
- BS in computer science or related area. (Prefered)
- Related IT certifications such as ITIL or vendors specific certifications are a plus
- 10+ years IT experience with focus in information technology infrastructure technologies and services
- 10+ years of management experience with leading, developing and mentoring teams
- Knowledge of enterprise network topologies with a thorough understanding of MPLS and SDWAN technologies
- Knowledge of virtualization and container technologies
- Knowledge of database technologies
- Very good understanding of cloud infrastructure design and implementation. Experience in leading infrastructure engineers in a hybrid on-prem/cloud environment
- Knowledge of storage & backup technologies
- Knowledge of VPN, VDI and other remote access technology platforms
- Thorough understanding of physical and virtual data centers
- In depth understanding of telephony and telecommunication technologies
- Experience with network security such as intrusion prevention technologies, proxy, remote access technologies, DDOS mitigation tools
- Extensive experience in infrastructure implementations, upgrades, and maintenance in an enterprise environment
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.