Senior DevOps Technical Engineer with VMware NSX Experience at Perficient
At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Senior DevOps Technical Consultant in a national business unit.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will participate in many aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes understanding technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of applications developed for our clients. You will be expected to implement various pieces of DevOps projects including Agile work breakdown, build and deploy pipelines, infrastructure automation, Agile planning and general DevOps process automation. You will develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members. You will demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience levels.
- Implement provided DevOps architectural solutions/designs
- Implement migrations from existing DevOps tools/processes to new platforms (e.x. Azure DevOps)
- Follow direction from project leads to implement requirements.
- Interact with other cross-functional teams to help architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Implement Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new DevOps solutions.
- Work with offshore team members as required as well as clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Support common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Engage with Technical Architects and technical staff to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge in various DevOps domains (Agile, SCM, pipelines, IAC, etc.)
Preferred skills and education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent “real-world” IT experience is required
- Knowledge and experience in execution of successful software development efforts using agile methodologies as well as DevOps processes/tools is required
- Strong experience with Cloud PaaS
- DevOps certifications are required (Jenkins, Terraform, Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Capable of scripting in various languages (Groovy, PowerShell, etc.)
- Capable of writing infrastructure as code templates with Terraform
- At least 1 year of experience working with VMware NSX
- Experience writing network automation is preferred
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Ability to communicate effectively in English via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical staff
- Experience in the design of target state architecture in a corporate or enterprise environment
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.