At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Technical Architect in our national DevOps business unit.
As a Technical Architect, you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of applications developed for our clients in the various cloud and on-prem platforms. You will be expected to be a leader in a diverse team environment with account representatives, fellow architects, DevOps engineers and application developers who are all at different stages of their career and skill levels.
You will be expected to lead the technical planning & requirements gathering phases of DevOps engagements including estimate, develop, test, manage projects, architect and deliver. You will serve as a technical lead and mentor and provide technical support or leadership in the development and continual improvement of service. You will develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members. You will demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience levels.
- Own and aggressively drive forward DevOps engagements. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for DevOps projects
- Lead migrations from legacy DevOps tools/processes to more modern DevOps platforms (e.x. legacy Jenkins to container based Jenkins or OSS Jenkins to Azure DevOps)
- Lead projects within an architecture capacity. Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features
- Project and solution estimation and team structure definition
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new DevOps solutions
- Support Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production
- Liaise with offshore team and clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions
- Engage with engineers to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change
- Passionate DevOps engineers with a minimum 8 years of professional experience with DevOps principles, practices and tools
- At least 3 DevOps process/tool adoption efforts which showcase great DevOps project success are required
- Have a solid understanding of delivery methodology and lead teams in the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture
- Experience in project and solution estimation and team structure definition
- Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on market/technical conditions and future direction
- Experience with Cloud and PaaS
- Certifications in DevOps tools are required (e.x. Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Atlassian suite, RedHat, Chef, Terraform, etc.)
- Experience in defining DevOps architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural standpoint
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents
- Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members
- Ability to communicate effectively in English via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical staff
- Phenomenal communicator who can explain and present concepts to technical and non-technical audiences alike, including high level decision makers
- Desire to mentor younger team members and develop their skills
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Be independent and self-driven
- Must be open to travel
Preferred skills and education:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent “real-world” IT experience is required
- Knowledge and experience in leading software development efforts using agile methodologies as well as DevOps processes/tools is required
- At least 3 years of experience in a professional services company, consulting firm, or agency highly preferred
- Certifications in similar Cloud/PaaS platforms are desired (Azure, AWS, GCP, OpenShift, etc.)
- Leadership and team management experience with ability to provide strategic planning and oversight
- Experience leading customer workshop sessions to educate engineers on the latest technology trends and best practices
- Track record of leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Experience in the design of target state architecture in a corporate or enterprise environment
- Ability to think strategically but, at the same time, conversant with implementing tactically (this is not an arm-chair architect position)
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.