Senior DevOps Engineer at Indigo (Remote)
We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a budding cross section of agriculture and technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming gurus who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge techies on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the individuals who make up our community and enable success through diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinaryness and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game changers.
- Improve developers' lives by helping to make them more productive, striving to create tools that our peers love.
- Identify and collaborate on remediating critical platform and application security gaps
- Master our current CI/CD platform and tooling, pass on that understanding to other teams, and identify and implement improvements to our release process
- Understand and embody Indigo’s mission & core values
- Proven self-starter
- Attentive to needs of both developers and users
- Anticipate DevOps problems before they become a problem
- Build software development tooling that developers love to use
- Ability to listen and influence change across organization to ensure consistency in process
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and under pressure
- Knowledge of best practices in code development, deployment, and SRE methodologies
- Capable of diving into and understanding non-traditional deployment methodologies (e.g. native mobile applications)
- An advocate for everything automated, hands off deployments, and repeatable and reliable solutions.
- Proficient in (or willing to learn) the languages we use - often python, JS, bash, etc
- Experience with linux administration and/or cloud technologies
- Familiarity with best-in-class build and release tools
- Understands standard build automation solutions used today
- Firm understanding of metrics-based software development, and automation’s role in facilitating those metrics.
- Knowledge of common metrics and monitoring tools to aide in SDLC troubleshooting
- Background with continuous integration, testing, and deployment
- Experience implementing advanced monitoring for platforms and applications
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code
- Proficient in building and deploying Docker containers required
- History with hardware and software firewalls, IPS, WAF, and additional security layers
- Familiar with databases and implementation best practices
- Familiar with Agile Software Development methodologies
- Clear, effective communicator; capable of influencing best practices across an organization
- 4-7 years experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- 401(k) plan
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.