Senior DevOps Engineer at Formlabs
Location: Somerville, MA, USA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world. Founded in 2011, became a unicorn company in 2018, Formlabs is one of the leading 3D printer manufacturers.
Formlabs is growing fast, and that means a lot of data to crunch, software to build, and web applications to scale. Our DevOps team collaborates with engineers of all stripes throughout the company to get them compute resources and data that help them do their jobs. You’ll work closely with the web, software, systems, and customer teams while supporting the core applications that run Formlabs’s business.
This role is also unique in that your contributions touch far more than our web applications and data infrastructure - DevOps at Formlabs also encompasses work that enables our desktop software, firmware, and factory software platforms, so you will get a chance to contribute to our product development success.
If you’re a savvy developer who wants to jump onboard a huge variety of projects and collaborate with a number of smart engineers, we want you on the software team as a Sr. DevOps Engineer.
- Provide technical leadership for the team
- Partner up with Desktop, Embedded, Web, Data Engineering, and Systems SW development teams to help them succeed and scale
- Own the build and CI (Jenkins) infrastructure with their configurations
- Provide basic building blocks to enable developers to create their own CI pipelines
- Own the Version Control System (GitHub) integration, including Pull Requests builds
- Develop tools boosting engineering productivity
- Automate AWS and GCP public cloud providers via APIs and tools
- Profile and scale up our web applications
- Can comfortably do Linux system administration and automation with tools like Ansible and Packer
- Are familiar with container creation and orchestration with Docker and Kubernetes
- Have a strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- Are willing to be a part of an on-call support rotation for global Formlabs applications and infrastructure
- Have an understanding of SQL, database tuning, and data warehouse platforms
Bonus points for:
- Solid web development skills (Django, React, Redux)
- Experience with Terraform, Kafka
- GCP - GKE, BigQuery experience
- Deep security knowledge
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.