Senior DevOps Engineer
Greater Boston Area
What is Plastiq?
Plastiq is billpay with benefits.
Everyday payments have become second nature: we swipe a card, tap a button, or press submit. But many of our most important bills — a child's care or tuition, critical business expenses, or taxes and rent — haven't caught up. Billions of checks are still written today. Wire transfers can be confusing. Payments are slow, late, or even unaccounted for.
We set out to pursue these challenges.
Our mission? To make bill payment simple and seamless. Plastiq lets you pay bills in the way that works best for you. We hope you love the service.
Role at a Glance
We are seeking a Senior Infrastructure DevOps engineer who has rich technical experience in a hybrid cloud environment. Our Senior Infrastructure DevOps Engineer will focus on developing infrastructure as code and automation as well as building repeatable and extensible solutions to ensure the security, reliability and performance of the Plastiq platform for our customers.
Why this Role is Awesome
This is a chance for you to work as part of the team that will lead the journey to the cloud for the next generation of Plastiq’s platform applications and services. Enable our platform’s transformation by developing and implementing DevOps tools, automation and processes to more rapidly as well as reliably build and deliver secure software services to our customers.
The position is ideal for a self-starter and quick learner that enjoys working in fast-paced, open and collaborative work environments. If you are a passionate engineer that believes deeply in infrastructure as code and automation that enjoys contributing to best of breed technologies, you may have found a great home with Plastiq.
You get to be responsible for keeping our existing infrastructure secure using the latest security related technologies and cutting edge practices.
A Little Bit about Us
Click the link to learn more about the experiences of our awesome Engineering teammates, who actively and enthusiastically contribute to the Engineering Blog.
Our core values are what drive us to strive for excellence at Plastiq. To learn more about our culture, visit https://www.keyvalues.com/plastiq.
- Core responsibilities include infrastructure as code, automation, storage, backups, change management, cost optimization, software delivery, security, resource orchestration, configuration management, monitoring, business continuity, disaster recovery, compliance and emergency response
- Enhance delivery and orchestration of hybrid cloud and platform services through code
- Implement, operate and optimize CI/CD pipelines for effective delivery of hybrid cloud resources and software
- Resolve performance and availability issues affecting Plastiq's customers and internal stakeholders
- Systems engineering and/or automation activities to solve complex problems associated with running large scale, multi-tenant, production environments
- Automate reliable, secure, scalable and cost-effective hybrid cloud systems
- Implement proactive monitoring, alerting, trend analysis and self-healing systems
- Participate in incident resolution processes to drive restoration and repair of service-impacting issues
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve operational workflows
- Implement an infrastructure supporting PCI-DSS Level 1 compliance and lead regular audits of our environment in conjunction with a PCI-DSS QSA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience with AWS
- 5+ years of experience as a Site-Reliability/DevOps/Systems Engineer administration role of customer-facing, high-availability, large scale web-based applications
- 5+ years of Linux/Unix administration
- 5+ years of Python, Ruby, Java, Bash or similar languages
- 1+ years of CI/CD experience in a customer facing, production environment
- Experience with Orchestration tools such as Terraform or Cloudformation
- Experience leveraging Configuration Management Tools, such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef etc.
- Experience with container orchestration (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Mesosphere, AWS ECS/EKS)
- Experience with Serverless architecture design, implementation and deployment
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, Bamboo, CircleCI)
- Experience with instrumenting and monitoring production systems utilizing monitoring tools, such as Datadog, NewRelic, Collectd, Grafana etc.
Plastiq is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description