We create technology, with heart, for the health of every person in the world.
Buoy builds a digital health tool that helps people – from the moment they get sick – start their health care on the right foot. Started by a team of doctors and computer scientists working at the Harvard Innovation Laboratory in Boston MA, Buoy was developed in direct response to the downward spiral we’ve all faced when we attempt to self-diagnose our symptoms online. Buoy leverages artificial intelligence – powered by advanced machine learning and proprietary granular data - to resemble an exchange you would have with your favorite doctor – to provide consumers with a real-time, accurate analysis of their symptoms and help them easily and quickly embark on the right path to getting better. Buoy is based in Boston and was founded in 2014.
Buoy is taking on the multi-faceted challenge of applying Artificial Intelligence to medicine and developing novel interfaces and algorithms to reason about the relationship between humans, symptoms, and illnesses. We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join a collaborative engineering team dedicated to improving our core product, establishing a scalable architecture, and helping to build better tooling and automation. A strong candidate will have a passion for solving healthcare-related problems, be able to contribute to a variety of different projects and will excel at communicating with both technical and non-technical members of the team.
- Maintain and build cloud infrastructure while optimizing for performance, scalability, reliability, security, and cost.
- Develop and support CI/CD pipelines for our applications.
- Use infrastructure as code to automate and govern infrastructure requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the product team to build, deploy, and operate our systems.
- Champion the needs of Customer Success and Engineering with regards to any tooling, automation, or process change.
- Instrument infrastructure and applications with monitoring, alerting, logging, and distributed tracing toolsProvide in-depth code reviews to improve application logic and ensure the timely completion of projects.
- 4+ years work experience in DevOps related roles.
- 4+ years building cloud-based platforms with AWS services.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management.
- Ability to perform basic database administration with MariaDB and Elasticsearch.
- Proficiency developing in Python, Groovy, and Bash.
- Proficiency with infrastructure as code.
- Experience with container orchestration technologies.
- Experience developing RESTful APIs.
- Having developed Django applications.
- Experience building, deploying, and running applications on Kubernetes.
- Experience building and deploying systems using Docker, Helm, and Jenkins.
- Experience in creating and evolving CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins and Bitbucket.
- Experience with infrastructure as code projects using Terraform/Terragrunt.