Senior DevOps Engineer (Mid-West/East Coast) at Kyruus
Kyruus is looking for an engineer who can contribute at the individual level to our cloud platform team. At Kyruus, the cloud platform team espouses DevOps culture and drives the design, development, and utilization of highly available, resilient, observable, scalable, and performant cloud infrastructure that is the backbone of our engineering organization. This team also builds applications which support central services for the Kyruus’ SaaS offering as well as tooling to improve efficiency, automation, and monitoring for our continuous delivery pipeline, facilitating velocity across the software development lifecycle in alignment with business goals. The cloud platform team works closely with feature development engineers, ensuring the performance, availability, and security of our end product.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to architectural and technical decisions in collaboration with engineering leadership, helping to define the roadmap that will drive cloud architecture across the organization and improve the developer experience. This position offers high visibility into business goals within the context of the engineering and product roadmap and how each delivers upon its vision.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure, ideally Amazon Web Services
- Software development experience using interpreted languages (we’re a Python shop); ability to understand, debug, and patch the applications you support, as well as to write small-to-midsize applications as necessary
- Hands-on experience with systems-level technologies - familiarity with tools to configure, deploy, and scale servers and applications, as well as reporting, logging, and monitoring. Our toolbox includes SaltStack, Packer, Jenkins, Terraform, Datadog and of course - Linux.
- Proficiency of relational database technologies (we use PostgreSQL) and warehouse systems (we use Redshift)
- Desire to use the best tool for the use case and business needs, avoiding resume-driven development
- 5+ years of experience working in software engineering, with at least 3 years working in “DevOps” type roles
- Affinity for evidence-based decision-making and the ability to identify and generate the data necessary for informed decisions.
- Domain expertise with electronic medical records, healthcare IT, or related regulated industries (insurance, finance, etc.) and solid exposure to compliance such as SOC, SOX, PCI, ISO, FedRAMP, etc.
- Experience writing and managing reliable AWS Lambda functions in production environments
- Security-minded - experience with SSO vendors and federated auth solutions (SAML, OAuth, etc)
- AWS Solutions Architect and/or DevOps Engineer certifications
- Prior startup experience - we like to move fast, but we have to be thoughtful and can’t break (too many) things
Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for other human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
- Caring – We care about doing the right thing, in the right way, every time.
- Ownership – We own both our successes and our mistakes, taking responsibility and always learning how to be better.
- Respect – We respect and celebrate the individual traits that enable each of us, our customers, our providers, and our patients, to be the best that we can be.
- Empowerment – We embrace a culture that supports everyone’s ability to contribute and lead.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Kyruus does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party vendors.