Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub at Veeva
| Greater Boston Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:56 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Veeva develops cloud software that helps the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotech’s run clinical trials and get medicines to the patients that need them. Veeva’s enterprise product suite is ubiquitous in the life sciences industry.
Veeva is a ‘Work Anywhere’ company, so you can connect with teams in our new office at 100 Summer Street in Boston while also having the flexibility to work remotely from home. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will work for a company with purpose and focused on making a positive impact on society.
We are looking for experienced Senior DevOps Engineers with a passion for automating deployments and scaling and optimizing the CI/CD environments. You will be joining a new team that is building our latest cloud software product, MyVeeva for Patients. This is a mobile and web application that enables patients, doctors, and clinical research coordinators to collaborate remotely, with advanced audio and video capabilities, and reduces the need for in-person visits.
You will be part of a high-profile, high-impact team that will change the face of clinical trials – making it safer and more convenient for patients to participate.
What You'll Do
- Implement DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration, and automated deployment that leverage AWS services
- Design and build the tools, frameworks, systems, and processes that engineers use to build, integrate, deploy, scale, and manage their software
- Build, manage, and deploy architectures using technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, and Kubernetes
- Automate tasks across the full CI/CD lifecycle to create an efficient developer experience and reduce manual toil
- Scale solutions from proofs-of-concept to full production systems
- Promote and implement best practices in observability (monitoring, tracing, alerting, logging) and high availability within the software engineering group
- Participate in an on-call rotation to mitigate disruption for any system being supported by the DevOps team
- 5+ years in DevOps or SRE roles, with a focus on tooling, automation, and distributed systems development
- 8+ years of overall software industry experience
- Extensive experience architecting, designing, and implementing deployments in AWS cloud environments
- Excellent understanding of networking and ability to troubleshoot infrastructure issues in an AWS environment
- Excellent documentation and communication skills, as well as presentation and demo skills
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, Codefresh)
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Salt)
- Hands-on experience using Terraform and/or Kubernetes at scale
- Strong scripting knowledge
- Experience using monitoring frameworks to monitor health and performance of infrastructure and applications
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Health & Wellness programs
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]