Ruby on Rails Engineer - Principal/Tech Lead at Agero + Swoop
AGERO + SWOOP
San Francisco based Swoop, an Agero company, provides simplicity and peace of mind in the chaotic world of roadside assistance. Agero & Swoop combined provide roadside protection for 100M+ Americans and performs 12M+ roadside services annually. As a connected vehicle service, we are in deep discussions with leading car manufacturers about their connected and autonomous vehicle experiences. We combine the benefits of a stable, profitable parent company, while offering the career opportunities and pace of a Silicon Valley startup.
Agero + Swoop are automating an entire industry that has not changed in decades. We’re taking antiquated manual systems and redefining them into digital platforms, open APIs, and exceptional customer service.
Swoop, a next generation SaaS based platform powers thousands of tow operators and partners with car makers, insurers, and fleet operators to deliver a roadside product that is fast, transparent, and easy.
Our team is passionate about addressing real-world problems with digital solutions. We’re looking for enthusiastic problem solvers who are ready to join a fast paced team and make a big impact.
Learn more at https://joinswoop.com & www.agero.com
About the Role
Swoop is looking for a Principal or Lead Software Engineer to build and extend our client facing Open API to provide roadside assistance to everything from connected vehicles to insurance apps. You’ll help us develop the models, business logic, and GraphQL API layer to provide a highly available and scalable platform to run the roadside assistance marketplace we've built over the past 3 years. You’ll also help us technically lead a small team of engineers and projects from start to finish.
We are a highly automated team using continuous integration with model, integration, and system tests to build a high quality product while maintaining a high velocity.
You can see examples of our work through our public API: https://api.joinswoop.com/
You will be joining a team at the going through a period of high growth - we will be significantly scaling the team over the next 12 months. The responsibility of this position will likely grow as the team grows.
- Design Swoop's internal product related API's to support the React FrontEnd and Mobile clients
- Design Swoop's API's to support new Insurance and OEM clients
- Develop a Consistent, Well Documented, Tested, Performant Rails API
- Be the technical leader of a small team of engineers and go to person for technical questions and issues.
- You enjoy working at small companies and building systems from the ground up
- You have 6 -10 years of experience building backend software, preferably API based
- You have experience leading, planning and executing projects from concept to delivery
- You enjoy mentoring junior members of the team
- You experience working in partnership with product as well as QA teams.
- Deep understanding of API design and best practices
- You have extensive Rails experience
- CS or Engineering related Degree
- Optimization experience at the DB and Application layer
- Experience with GraphQL preferable
Swoop, along with our parent company, Agero, has set out to redefine the roadside assistance experience by offering real time transparency, unmatched scale and seamless integration with most of the major automotive and insurance brands. Combined, we protect over 115 million drivers and are making the roads safer by using the best technologies, customer service and partnerships with companies like Lyft.
Here's a brief video about our Company: https://vimeo.com/206753666.
Learn more at https://joinswoop.com and www.agero.com
Agero’s mission is to safeguard consumers on the road through a unique combination of platform intelligence and human powered solutions, strengthening our clients’ relationships with their drivers. We are a leading provider of driving solutions, including roadside assistance, accident management, consumer affairs and telematics. The company protects 115 million vehicles in partnership with leading automobile manufacturers, insurance carriers and other diversified clients. Managing one of the largest national networks of service providers, Agero responds to more than 12 million requests annually for assistance. Agero, a member company of The Cross Country Group, is headquartered in Medford, Mass., with operations throughout North America. To learn more, visit www.agero.com and follow on Twitter @AgeroNews.