If you’re looking to apply your robotics knowledge to challenging problems that will stretch your ability to engineer and design complex systems, join Formlabs as a Robotics Engineer. We’re working to reinvent additive manufacturing and enable designers, engineers, researchers, health practitioners and artists all around the world.
At Formlabs, you can apply an interdisciplinary approach to solving technically hard problems. Inexpensive sensors, thoughtful software, and clever mechanical design allow us to build 3D printers that are much more capable and accessible than what has been possible before. Sit at the intersection of many engineering disciplines to make our 3D printers work seamlessly.
Use your experience and skills at making complex systems work to research, develop, design and ship 3D printers. You will write software for precise motion control and accurate sensor readings and make sound design decisions about mechanisms and software design to allow Formlabs to move quickly and develop systems faster.
- Engineer electro-mechanical systems for 3D printers
- Write software, build electronics, and design mechanisms
- Work at the intersection of many disciplines to make complicated systems function smoothly
- Get involved in all aspects of our 3D printer to integrate many sub-systems
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary engineering products
- Experience working with sensors, motors and other electro-mechanical systems
- An understanding of controls that can be applied to a variety of scenarios
- Fluent in mechanical design, electrical systems and software
- Experience in using Python or a similar language to analyze data and control electro-mechanical systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
*A portfolio/website is strongly encouraged for this role