Quality Engineer at Veeva
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:19 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, November 9, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day.
Our team is seeking a Quality Engineer to join our small but rapidly growing development team as we build solutions that are advancing the way that life science companies approach clinical trials. Our goal is to reduce the time and cost of clinical trials by 25%, allowing new therapies to come to market significantly faster, improving health outcomes for everyone! You will work with a small team of engineers to provide functional and integration testing on exciting new products and features that will enable our customers to accelerate how clinical trials are managed and executed.
What You'll Do
- Create test plans and test cases for new features and functionality.
- Verify the work of the development team in conjunction with product management by ensuring clarity in requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Write comprehensive bug reports when issues are found and work with engineers as needed to reproduce and perform root cause analysis.
- Work within an Agile development framework to execute QA testing within agreed-upon sprint boundaries.
- Collaborate closely with engineers, product managers, and other QA engineers in a fast-paced team environment.
- Automate test cases using Selenium and Java to ensure that defects don’t recur.
- 3+ years of QA experience
- 2+ years of experience with Selenium or equivalent testing framework
- 2+ years of experience with TestRail or equivalent test management system
- Understanding of software QA methodologies and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team-oriented mentality
- Proven track record of being an independent self-starter
Nice to Have
- Experience with products such as Jira, Test Rail, and Confluence
- Experience with Java, or another programming language
- Hands-on experience with QA automation technologies such as Cucumber, Selenium, Robot
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Perks & Benefits
- Work Anywhere
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning and development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]