InterSystems employs clinicians as application specialists to enhance the quality, safety and usability of innovative products that transform healthcare organizations. Apply your clinical knowledge with cutting-edge tools and technologies to improve patient outcomes.
We are looking for a Quality Development Engineer, with a Clinical Healthcare background and experience. You will be a clinical application specialist embedded in a cross-functional agile development team focusing on product quality of our web based healthcare information system. Agile teams consist of developers and application specialists collectively responsible for all stages of product development from design to validation. Our international reach also means you have the opportunity to be part of a truly global organization of smart, technically-minded people.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties initially assigned include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute as a subject matter expert in a cross-functional agile development team building and maintaining a unified healthcare information system.
- Identify clinical safety issues in application design or implemented functionality.
- Design detailed testing scenarios to validate application functionality and clinical safety.
- Record test scenarios into automated regression scripts using the InterSystems test automation toolkit.
- Coordinate and plan regression script coverage for release validation.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation including functional specifications, user stories, agile processes, and team reports.
- Other duties may be directed by the company from time to time.
- Healthcare background and experience required.
- Demonstrated domain expertise with clear understanding of healthcare and departmental inter dependencies and workflows.
- Tertiary education in either a medical domain, science or health informatics.
- Previous experience working with healthcare applications as an end user or vendor.
- Demonstrated interest in IT and the application of technology to add value and/or solve problems.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in either Microsoft or Mac operating systems.
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to learning new methodology, technologies and software products.
About the Product:
Healthcare organizations in 25 countries are making breakthroughs in patient care with TrakCare, a unified healthcare information system that enables coordinated care within a hospital or across care settings throughout a region — facilitating a seamless patient journey.
Clinicians and administrators use TrakCare to improve safety and outcomes, control costs by eliminating duplicate tests, reduce medication errors, expedite billing, maximize resource utilization, and achieve other strategic initiatives.
Built on InterSystems’ health informatics platform, HealthShare, TrakCare creates a consolidated view of each patient’s history, provides secure access to records at every point of care and on any Internet-connected device, enables interoperability with legacy and future applications, and performs analytics that provide real-time insights to drive fully-informed actions.
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.