Owl Labs is seeking an QA Automations Engineer to join our product development team. The ideal candidate has strong experience testing software on complex systems, such as robots, remote embedded devices, and IoT products. Experience with SaaS, Desktop, web and mobile apps (both iOS and Android) is a MUST. This role is inherently collaborative; this person will work with other functions within the company, including engineering, customer support, and product management. The SQA Automation Engineer will help ensure the high quality of our MOBILE & DESKTOP application Software, not only by running test plans, but by being an advocate for the customer. We are looking for an empathetic, enthusiastic self-starter who is comfortable taking the initiative to deliver outstanding results for our product testing team.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for learning in-depth the product, reviewing, and writing test plans and communicating with the development team.
- Responsible for the verification and validation of latest test devices and software applications.
- Automate the test cases for regression testing, smoke testing and validation of new features.
- Automate UI testing for iOS & Android native apps using Appium
- Automate UI testing for Desktop solution
- Work creatively and efficiently in troubleshooting and resolution of system issues.
- Developing automation test script for mobile, desktop and tablet devices.
- Testing applications that support BLE/WiFi peripherals.
- Working with quality management systems for consumer electronic products
- Evaluate the defects and recommend suggestions that will better fit the customer's needs.
- Verify fixed issues and ensure product quality remains high.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, computer science or related field from a 4-year college or university.
- 4+ years of developed Automated tests for mobile and desktop apps. Knowledge of USB to control hardware during the automated test runs.
- 4+ years of developing UI app testing software. Knowledge of app testing tools and frameworks like Appium and Selenium.
- Technical Skills: Jira, knowledge of mobile, desktop and web UIX standards, USB, Bluetooth, Wifi network setups, and general app testing.
- Experience handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to operated comfortably in a multi-task / multi priority environment across a global team.
- Knowledge of Application Development Lifecycle and concepts.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and excellent analytical skills.
The Best Candidates Will Share Examples Of
- Grit & resilience.
- Work ethic.
- Teamwork & collaboration with peers/co-workers.
- A measurable history of performance.
- Self-awareness & coachability.
Owl Labs is over 40% remote and headquarters are based in Boston, MA. This role is an on-site position. Our team is currently working 100% remote due to COVID-19. Owl Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to our values of embracing inclusivity and creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work environment. We invite applications from people of all walks of life and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please let us know. Who We Are Owl Labs is a collaborative tech company, creating an equalized meeting and learning experience for all, wherever participants may be. Powering hybrid teams and remote work is in our DNA. Owl Labs has been a leader when it comes to celebrating and connecting hybrid teams and classrooms -- meaning both in-office and remote workers, in-room students and at-home learning. We’re best known for the Meeting Owl product line, a smart 360 camera, mic, speaker all-in-one solution. Sitting in the center of the table, the Meeting Owl uses vision and voice recognition to shift the camera to focus on who’s speaking, giving all participants a feeling as if they’re in the same room. With the continued rise of hybrid teams and remote workers, our products allow for better collaboration and productivity no matter your location.
Our award-winning product, the Meeting Owl Pro, was named one of TIME magazine’s 100 Best Inventions of 2020 and has been recognized by CES Innovation Awards 2020, Red Dot Design Awards 2020, SXSW Innovation Awards 2020. Our team was recognized as an Inc. Best Workplaces 2020 and 2021 and named on the esteemed Inc.’s Editor’s List