Prototype Machinist at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
We are looking for an experienced Prototype Machinist who can machine prototypes in a wide range of materials and can work with a diverse team of engineers. Formlabs is pushing the boundaries of creating cutting-edge rapid prototyping machines with a highly talented team of engineers.
If you’re excited to work in the rapidly growing 3D Printing industry with a diverse background of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineers teams then join our team as our Prototype Fabrication Expert.
- Work as an integral part of the engineering process to machine and fabricate parts for next-generation hardware products
- Mentor and guide a diverse team of engineers on best practices and design feedback
- Determine company tooling needs and implement tracking system for maintaining tooling and equipment
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Assist in tracking machine, tooling, and shop maintenance requirements.
- Provide feedback to design engineers on tolerance drawings and parts for production at external vendors
- Can make and build anything
- Advanced understanding of CNC milling and turning processes including programming, fixturing, operation, and verification best practices
- Possess in-depth knowledge of machine set-up, operation, and parts inspection
- Prioritize multiple projects
- Reading, creating and verifying part drawings utilizing GD&T best practices
- Knowledge of SolidWorks or advanced CAD software as well as CAM software proficiency
- Experience supporting new product launches from a mechanical engineering or product development perspective.
- Experience working in school or makerspace environments
- Welding experience
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
*Please note this position is based out of our Somerville, MA office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.