Principle Software Developer (C# full stack)
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Engineer focused on client and server component development for real-time speech recognition applications hosted in the Microsoft Azure cloud. Tasks include API design/integration, web service development/consumption and client application development/debugging. Position reports to Director of Engineering.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Work independently, or in a group under the direction of a team lead, creating modules, design documentation, subsystems or applications in C# and C++.
- Experience architecting and implementing new modules as well as debugging issues in existing code.
- Experience implementing unit tests and applying a Test Driven Development mindframe.
- Work with various operating platforms and third-party SDKs in the production of embedded systems meeting high performance, security, and scalability expectations.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Document his or her work in English
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban
- Participate in regular team meetings and/or conference calls
- Good communication and relationships with other developers and the QA team
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Education: BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Minimum years of work experience: 5 Years
- Solid knowledge of C#, .Net (MFC, WPF, WCF, REST)
- Working knowledge of C++
- Strong experience with web service development
- Demonstrated OOD experience
- Knowledge of the Java and Objective C languages a plus
- Some exposure to VMWare and Azure platform
- Extensive experience in multithreaded and networked software development on embedded systems
- Experience with database schemas
- Strong UX design and implementation skills
- Conversant with UX design principles and attuned to a positive user experience
- Experience in the Healthcare field a plus
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.