Principle Information Security Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Principle Information Security Engineer will be responsible for supporting the development of trusted products and systems as a member of the Nuance Global Security Team. This role will primarily work with the Systems Security Engineering (SSE) team to support the development of trusted and cyber resilient products and systems, and integrate with and support the product and system engineering teams to successfully implement the required information security objectives.
This individual should be familiar with current software development methodologies and architectural principles and have solid experience in identifying and mitigating architectural and software vulnerabilities as well as understanding the trusted implementation patterns that will avoid them.
Experience in a programing language is an advantage as is an understanding of the principles of cloud computing technology.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Nuance Global Security Systems Security Engineering team
- Be able to lead software vulnerability triage engagements
- Be able to lead security architecture review engagements
- Understand the principles of Threat Modelling and ideally execute Threat Modeling engagements
- Document security standards, as well as reports
- Communicate/document implementation approaches and patterns for standards-based information security objectives (NIST 800-53, ISO 27002 etc.)
- Coach and support junior personnel
- Manage the software vulnerability management platform tools to maintain operational effectiveness
- Coordinating with other Global Security Service teams to ensure operation consistency and effectiveness
- Education: Bachelor’s degree; Information/Cyber Security, Management Information Systems, Information Technology or a related discipline.
- Minimum years of work experience: 8+ years’ experience
- Code scanning tool e.g. Veracode, Checkmarx, Netsparker, Klocwork etc.
- Software engineering SDLC experience
- Experience with at least one programming language
- An understanding of architectural or security architecture principles
- Understanding and experience of cloud computing concepts and cloud security principles
- A deep understanding of Cyber Security and Information Security principles
- Knowledge and understanding of security objective frameworks and standards
- Ability to communicate effectively across functional areas
- Flexibility and good communication and collaboration skills
- Java or C++ experience
- Leadership experience
- Security certification – CISSP, AZ-500
- Knowledge of objective frameworks – e.g. NIST 800-53, ISO 27002, HITRUST etc.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.