Principal Software Engineer at Nuance
Are you an engineer who is passionate about exploring and applying technology to help solve real world end customer business problems? Are you keen on engaging in an agile process, iteratively delivering, and applying design patterns/architectures correctly? Do you possess a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team?
Nuance's Software Engineers/Developers develop next-generation technologies that empower enterprises to deliver exceptional conversational AI solutions. Our products offer designers, developers and business analysts' access to customize AI technologies such as speech recognition, natural language understanding and conversational dialog.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join a world-class team building our premier voice, natural language, and AI-power technologies.
Knowledge, skills, and qualifications -
Education: Bachelor of computer science or equivalent qualification is required
Minimum years of work experience:8 years
- Experience with HTML, CSS, LESS/SASS, JSON, AJAX, and XML.
- Hands-on experience designing and delivering software systems
- Experience with micro-architecture and cloud native applications using Docker, k8s, etc
- Ability to learn new concepts, architectures, APIs, etc as needed
- Secure Software Development Methodologies, especially in-depth knowledge of OWASP vulnerabilities
- Proficient in multi-threaded programming
- Solid experience in Object-Oriented design and design patterns
- Experience with both Windows and Linux
- Understanding of a DevOps environment
- Hands on experience with database design, schemas, and query languages.
- Able to supervise and guide the team with the technical aspects of the project.
- Experience delivering in enterprise environment with mature compliance processes
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- Exceptional communication skills, written & verbal. Comfortable communicating with, presenting to, and receiving input from a variety of people from client to senior management
- Strong proactive leadership abilities and professional experience collaborating in a team environment
- Experience with microservice design
- Knowledge of distributed systems programming (HTTP/S, Websockets, gRPC, inter-process..)
- Understanding of speech recognition and deep learning algorithms
- Experience of working in distributed team locations across the world is an advantage
- Knowledge of web back-end framework, open-standard format and protocols e.g. Json, XML, http, RESTful
- Previous experience of working in a SCRUM environment
- Understanding of No SQL databases.
- Experience with Monitoring tools.
- Experience with Node.js, MySQL, GWT and .NET
- Python development skills
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.