Principal Software Engineer at Thrasio
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:25 p.m. (EST) on Monday, April 11, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
Data Access and Business Services (DABS) is responsible for the services that contain some of the most business-critical data at Thrasio such as the product catalog, inventory tracking, finance and marketing data. We work to ensure that our data is accessible to our warehouse so that it can be used to drive our intelligence efforts, and we work with the connectivity team to ensure that we’re syncing everything with the external sources we use. We also provide a suite of tooling to internal customers so that they can interact with and manage the functionality and data of our services.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Dig in and understand a large problem domain and how we might build software to make our business better or make the jobs of other teams at Thrasio more efficient. Evolve our architecture and design services and related resources to solve these business problems
- Work with a technical manager and a product manager to build out a team of strong engineers to execute on the priorities that you’ll define together
- Work closely with Data Connectivity and Data Warehouse teams to standardize on how data is represented in data warehouses and visualizations as well as across 3rd party services
- Play a key role in the overall engineering organization’s efforts to establish best practices and help refine our onboarding processes.
- Train and mentor junior engineers on the team and be a resource to engineers across Thrasio
What You Bring to the Party:
- 8+ years of work experience
- You’re an expert at breaking down complex problems, visualizing a solution to them and designing software to do it
- Extensive experience working with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres) and designing data models
- Strong communication skills, both technical and non-technical
- Experience with continuous integration, test automation, and deployment
- Experience with observability in distributed and service-oriented systems
- Experience in microservice architecture design and best practices
- Experience with API design and best practices
- Exposure to modern frontend development technologies (e.g. React, Vue)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience defining and building a microservices platform
- Experience architecting client-side Single Page Applications
- Experience working in a high growth startup environment
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.