- You’ll design and write code (lots!) to make progress toward assigned tasks on product roadmap and/or planned customer commitments.
- Your typical day will include writing code and reviewing others’ code. You’ll participate in and contribute to Agile team activities. You may play a specific role (such as Team Lead or Architect Owner) on your Agile team.
- You’ll help drive clarity in our sprint planning. You’ll contribute to task definition, prioritization, and assignment. You’ll drive your deliverables with a sense of urgency and ownership along with surfacing risks, mitigating them, and suggesting course corrections when appropriate.
- You’ll be comfortable taking on tasks with ambiguous business requirements and unclear technical strategy. You’ll use your technical expertise and mental resilience to identify bring order to chaos in terms of defining technical strategy and clarity of incremental execution.
- You’ll provide technical mentorship to fellow engineers and research new libraries and components to add to our system.
- You’ll work with Engineering management and Product to get customer feedback to inform our architecture and technical designs.
- You’ll report to the Manager, Engineering in the Providermatch Admin department within the R&D - Engineering division.
Respect: How You'll Use Your Professional Skills
- You have 8+ years of experience designing and implementing systems utilizing various technologies to deliver scalable web applications.
- You are passionate in diving into legacy code bases and improving stability, performance, and code quality.
- You always write comprehensive unit and functional tests with tools such as Pytest.
- You have utilized profiling tools and have implemented monitoring to identify problem areas and to alert on errors and system health.
- You have in depth experience with SQL, ideally using Postgres.
- You have utilized Python and frameworks such as Flask to build scalable and robust applications.
- You have utilized a cloud provider (such as AWS) to manage and deploy applications.
- You have used tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab or CircleCI to implement CI/CD pipelines.
Empowerment: How You'll Know You're Succeeding
- You are a highly productive engineer committing a substantial amount of high-quality code reliably and on time to help the team achieve product roadmap goals and customer commits.
- You regularly write excellent documentation.
- You follow Agile practices in your daily and weekly work and are extremely dependable.
- You mentor engineers on areas of your technical expertise and share your knowledge on relevant topics with Kyruuvians by presenting at Lunch & Learns, Technical Brown Bags, and internal demos.
- When presented with challenging situations or unexpected obstacles to your team’s progress, you unblock your team by developing creative solutions and mitigating technical risks.
- You anticipate and develop strategies for future requirements and trends within your product area.
- Kyruuvians in the Principal Software Engineer I role can move in a more linear career path along two tracks - individual contributor or management. From here, you could move up to be a Principal Software Engineer II, or you could move into a Manager, Engineering position.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with you manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.