Principal Software Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Interoperability platform is the central nervous system which provides Nuance products with valuable data. Ambient Conversation Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, Computer Aided Physician Documentation, Coding and CDI solutions, and more, all rely on the Interoperability platform.
As a Principal Engineer, you will perform an integral role in constructing the data exchange between our clients' Electronic Medical Record systems and cutting-edge Nuance AI applications. Major elements of the role include solving complex problems related to handling of healthcare data at high volumes, contributing to the architecture that powers the core of the platform, and mentoring your teammates. This role will immerse you in many different facets of the healthcare landscape to not only become an expert in the data standard, but also in the its utilization in healthcare workflows. A focus on high availability and high performance is a must as our cloud-based platform is critical for our product lines and handles millions of data elements daily.
With the Interoperability team, you will tackle engaging and complex problems daily, working as a part of a scrum team with decades of cumulative experience in Healthcare IT. You will be integrally involved in all steps of product development from requirement elicitation to software release and delivery.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
Minimum years of work experience: 8 years
- 5+ years of programming experience in a Java environment
- Experience designing and developing large, complex interdependent systems in conjunction with a team
- Experience with Relational Database Systems
- Expertise in developing high-availability APIs and Web Services
- Experience with security-based best practices for SDLC
- Ability to work independently in all phases of the SDLC
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to define, plan and manage projects and contributing personnel
- Experience with healthcare data standards or Healthcare IT
- Experience developing secure, highly available, cloud applications (Azure)
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, or Crucible a plus (Atlassian toolset)
- Experience with Git/Bitbucket and Eclipse
- Experience working in a Docker/Kubernetes environment.
- Experience with Linux or Windows administration
- Experience with configuration management systems like Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Salt, ability to build, use and configure metrics collection, reporting and alerting systems
- Experience in being a contributing member of an Agile/Scrum Team
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Math
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.