Principal Software Engineer
Acquia is searching for a talented engineer with experience in Kubernetes, microservices and creating a devops culture. We need a motivated change agent to be part of a team leading the way to our next generation platform.
Acquia runs one of the world's largest Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings. Our Drupal optimized cloud runs on over 30,000 customer sites and delivers billions of page views per month, running some of the largest and most mission-critical websites in the world. We are seeking exceptional cloud engineers who desire to deliver world-class performance and reliability while building powerful tools that enable our customers to effortlessly scale their web applications. At Acquia, we are obsessive about providing our customers with security, availability, and scalability that is second to none and are looking for engineers who are equally passionate.
- Design and develop services on top of Kubernetes that manage our cloud platform.
- Research, specify, and test cloud hosting architectures leveraging your web, database, and architectural knowledge.
- Work with cross functional teams to integrate platform services into application tiers
- Own the services you build, from proof-of-concept to on call support rotation
- Collaborate with other functional teams to support the larger Acquia Cloud vision
- Familiarity with principles of domain-driven design, refactoring, and writing clean, maintainable code
- Strong understanding of AWS services
- Strong understanding of API design
- Knowledge of software testing best practices
- Experience building and operating microservices
- Works in collaborative and supportive manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Languages: Ruby, Go, Python, PHP
- Automated testing experience using Jenkins
- Cloud hosting experience with AWS
- Experience with building or developing with Drupal open source CMS
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.