Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
As a Principal Linux Application Software Engineer, you have the opportunity to join an expert team of software developers and technology generalists working on a core component of Nuance’s DAX (Dragon Ambient eXperience) solution.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- You will use your experience with software development on Linux platforms to build applications utilizing Nuance’s industry-leading speech and AI technology
- Being an experienced software application developer, you will manage or contribute to sizeable application projects
- All of your development work will contribute directly to commercialized solutions that will help drive Nuance’s most visionary programs forward
- Additionally, you will perform tasks related to securing and maintaining the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for
Education: B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or relevant work experience
Number of Years of Work Experience: 10+
- Embraces software development processes and software design principles
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on complex problems
- Ability to structure and organize medium-size software application projects
- Expertise in systems and application development
- Expertise in Rust or C, C++
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Linux container technology (e.g. Docker, runC)
- Experience with gRPC, REST, or other API-oriented protocols
- Understanding of Linux kernel internals
- Can manage board bring-up, BSP integration, and Linux distribution build system (e.g. Yocto/Bitbake)
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.