Principal Software Engineer - Interoperability Lead at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
- Architect and design a platform for exchanging data from many sources, primarily EMR's, and in many forms.
- This data will need to be unified across the clinical continuum for Nuance customers.
Prinicipal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership for a team of Dev, QA, and BA resources.
- Be the primary interoperability technical contact with vendors, partners and customers.
- Design, code, test, develop and document application programs for complex computer systems.
- Analyze and perform modifications to and maintenance of highly complex operational programs and procedures.
- Document technical designs/solutions and program logic.
- Lead/Co-ordinate troubleshooting of customer issues with the team.
- Maintain project status documentation and lead internal communication regarding the application.
- Participate and lead functional and technical reviews.
- Assist in identifying process improvements and application enhancements.
- Lead evaluation, selection, and prototyping of technical architecture and build vs buy decisions
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math or a related field
Minimum years of work experience: 8+ years
- 8+ years of programming experience using Java, Scala or Python
- 4+ years of experience with healthcare data standards (HL7 2.x, FHIR, C-CDA, etc.), interoperability, and coding systems
- Expertise in developing APIs and Web Services
- Experience with Relational Database Systems.
- Experience with Big Data and related technologies
- Experience with XML, JSON, and related formats
- Experience with security-based best practices for SDLC
- Experience leading an Agile/Scrum Team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to interact with and accept direction from multiple managers and clients
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to define, plan and manage projects and supporting personnel
- Experience developing secure, highly available, cloud applications (Azure).
- Experience with SQL Server and Azure SQL
- Experience with OAuth2
- Experience in developing interfaces with one of more of the major EHR systems
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, or Crucible a plus (Atlassian toolset)
- Experience with Git/Bitbucket and Eclipse
- Experience collaborating with teams across multiple geographic locations and time zones
- Familiarity with Behavioral Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience working in a cross-domain environment involving Java and other Open Source platforms
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.