Principal Software Engineer - Front End
What You'll Do:
You will work with Kyruus Product Managers to understand requirements and translate them into features and capabilities. In addition to coding, you will understand requirements, figure out what to build, and then build it. You will work on both existing and new products. You will embrace Agile development practices to bring predictability and accountability to your tasks. In addition to quality of features, you will also measure the impact of your deliverables through the enablement of our Field Teams in their ease, efficiency, and seamless integration and deployment for our customers.
In this role, you'll:
- Work as part of a cross-functional Agile team (software engineers, product managers, product designers, and test automation engineers) to understand what hospital systems need and define and create software to meet those needs.
- Spend most of your time building single-page applications in React from designs and specifications.
- Help your team create robust software by contributing throughout the stack when needed (Flask/Python microservices, PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services infrastructure).
- Mentor junior and senior engineers, and be mentored by other Principal Engineers and Architects.
- You have 6+ years of experience building scalable and responsive web applications with a passion for delivering a superior user experience.
- Extensive experience with complex CSS layouts with Flexbox, Grid and CSS animations.
- Experience with Git/Bitbucket to build, manage and version control software.
- You love coding, and you crank out high-quality, easy-to-reason-about production software. You understand software design patterns (Functional, OOP, Procedural), and you know why they are important.
- You are able to take uncertain requirements, ask the right questions to solidify them, and then break them down into the parts that you can build.
- You take responsibility for quality. You always write comprehensive unit and functional tests with tools such as React Testing Library and TestCafe.
- You're skilled at communicating your thoughts and designs to your teammates, and you're good at giving constructive criticism.
- You function best as part of a team and you are passionate about teaching and learning.
- You are familiar with Python and using Flask to build microservices.
- You are experienced in working as part of an Agile/Scrum team and in a DevOps culture.
- You have experience creating, interpreting, and executing finite state machines and statecharts (XState)
- You understand authentication/authorization, and have secured your applications using OAuth(2) and JSON Web Tokens.
- You are comfortable using Amazon Web Service components (e.g., EC2, S3, EMR, ELB, Lambda) to build scalable, resilient solutions.
- You believe continuous deployment, integration and monitoring is important, and have familiarity with tools such as Jenkins, NewRelic, DataDog, PagerDuty and Sentry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.