Principal Software Engineer, Carbon - Data Collection at Indigo
We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultima
We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming experts who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge technologists and scientists on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. We are building Indigo on a bedrock of diversity. We celebrate individuality and believe in bringing our genuine self to work every day. We deeply value collaboration informed by kindness and personal accountability.
Indigo is a high-growth innovative agriculture company based in Boston. We have an extraordinary opportunity to help farmers harness nature to feed the planet in a sustainable manner. The Carbon business at Indigo is at the forefront of the agricultural carbon market and building the first scalable, rigorous carbon credit opportunity for farmers — benefiting both our planet and the rural communities that feed us.
As a full-stack principal engineer on the Carbon Data Collection team, you’ll enhance our growers’ ability to move towards better, more efficient agricultural practices. This is a great opportunity to be part of Carbon Credit generation using the latest tech stack and making a tangible impact on climate change in the process.
Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo Ag helps farmers make farming more sustainable to combat climate change and protect the environment. Our grain, carbon, and transportation marketplaces enable farmers to profit from those sustainable choices.
Your expertise in building complex UIs and APIs will enable growers to make informed decisions about their data and improve their ability to generate carbon credits from their farming practices.
- Lead projects to success in order to make an impact, focused on data sourcing and integration, both in the backend and in the UI
- Collaborate with other engineering leads to ensure the quality & reliability of the platform
- Brainstorm features with product managers and domain experts based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Be responsible for developing new areas of Indigos Carbon Data Infrastructure, with an eye towards long-term sustainability
- Be an advocate for long term technical roadmaps
- You’ll expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers
- 8+ years of experience building and deploying high-quality production services
- 1+ years in a technical leadership capacity (providing technical direction to other engineers)
- Professional Experience with Python
- Experience with web UI development ideally with Typescript & React
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Proficient in both Front End and Back End development in general, with deep expertise in at least one
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and data management.
- Strong communication skills. You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical consensus within your team.
- A passion for good user experience.
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed above are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list above aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Catered Lunches
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan