Principal JAVA Engineer
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
The Principal Software Engineer will work on cross-domain environment involving Java and other Open Source platforms and collaborate with teams across multiple geographic locations and time zones to develop Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) of our cloud based Conversational AI Software products for the Healthcare Industry.
- 8+ years of programming experience using Java, J2EE
- Experience with Relation Database Systems (RDBMS)
- Experience with JSON/XML
- Some experience with Big Data and related technologies
- Experience with creating high volume web services
- Security based best practices for SDLC
- Experience and proficiency in being an active member of an Agile/Scrum team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to interact with and accept direction from multiple managers and clients
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to define, plan and manage projects and supporting personnel
- Experience developing secure, highly available, cloud applications(Azure)
- HL7 FHIR protocol
- Security and authentication related technologies
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, or Crucible a plus (Atlassian toolset)
- Experience with Git/Bitbucket and Eclipse
- Experience collaborating with teams across multiple geographic locations and time zones
- Scrum Master Experience
- Familiarity with Behavioral Driven Development (BDD).
- Experience working in a cross-domain environment involving Java and other Open Source platforms
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.