Principal Java Engineer/ Lead (Front End)
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients
Summary: The Principal Software Engineer is responsible for helping lead the development of the CDE One Application and Platform, a web based, cloud hosted, multifaceted application/platform backed by Nuance’s powerful Natural Language Processing Engine. The major duties of this role are to act as a technical leader, develop and implement new functionality, resolve issues, and deliver high quality robust solutions for on-time releases of CDE One/Triage. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Software Engineer.
• Design, code, test, develop and document software applications for complex systems and business use cases
- Analyze and perform modifications to and maintenance of highly complex operational programs and procedures
- Document technical designs/solutions and program logic
- Analyze system and programming logic
- Program clear and concise solutions
- Write complete and detailed unit and integration tests
- Maintain project status documentation
- Participate and lead functional and technical reviews
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to peer and junior developers and perform code reviews
- Assist in identifying process improvements and application enhancements
- Assist in evaluation, selection, and prototyping of technical architecture
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 8
- Programming experience using Java, Java EE, and related technologies
- Experience / knowledge of: SQL Server, XML, JSON, React, UI Frameworks(jQuery, Bootstrap, etc.), Spring and other Java Frameworks, Tomcat and/or other Application Servers
- Ability to work independently and interact / accept direction from multiple managers and clients
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Education: Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent in work experience
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.