Principal Information Security Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Senior Security Engineer will be responsible for supporting the development of trusted products and systems as a member of the Nuance Global Security Team.
This role will primarily work with the Vulnerability Management Team to configure and implement vulnerability scans, triage vulnerabilities, and support the product and system DevOps teams in their roles to successfully manage vulnerabilities.
This individual should be familiar with current scanning technologies and vulnerability management procedures. Nuance products and systems utilize container architecture so the candidate should also understand container architectures and scanning tools. The candidate will also need to partner with DevOps teams and should understand DevOps principles and agile development lifecycles.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Support the Nuance Global Security vulnerability management teams
- Be able to lead vulnerability triage engagements
- Understand CVSS scoring
- Be able to work independently on deliverables
- Be able to engage and partner with systems teams on the implementation of DevOps to VM system integration
- Document security operational procedures, standards, as well as reports
- Coach and support junior personnel
- Manage the vulnerability management platform tools to maintain operational effectiveness
- Coordinating with other Global Security Services teams to ensure that vulnerabilities are effectively reported and managed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree; Information/Cyber Security, Management Information Systems, Information Technology or a related discipline.
Years of work experience: 8+ years’ experience
- InsightVM, Trustwave operational experience
- Vulnerability Management procedures, triage procedures and DevOps integration
- Understanding and experience of cloud computing concepts and cloud security principles
- A deep understanding of Cyber Security and Information Security principles
- Knowledge and understanding of security objective frameworks and standards
- Ability to communicate effectively across functional areas
- Flexibility and good communication and collaboration skills
- Container scanning operational experience
- Leadership experience
- Security certification – CISSP, AZ-500
- Knowledge of objective frameworks – e.g. NIST 800-53, NIST 800-40
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.