Principal C# Engineer - Full Stack
Agero is a leading provider of vehicle driver and safely, security and information services including roadside assistance, consumer affairs and claims management services. The company protects 80 million vehicle owners in partnership with leading automobile manufactures, insurance carriers and others. Managing one of the largest national networks of service providers, Agero responds to more than 10 million requests annually for emergency assistance. 75% of new passenger vehicles sold in the US use Agero solutions and 11 of the top 15 insurance companies leverage our services. Agero’s award winning solutions leverage advances in technology and information services to accelerate and enhance response to drivers needs while strengthening customer loyalty. Agero is a member company of Cross Country Group, is headquartered in Medford, Ma with operations throughout north America. Agero has revenues of $1B+ and 3,500 employees.
Designs, troubleshoots, and maintains logical designs of n-tier, component-based enterprise application systems utilizing a component-based platform that leverages XML Web services. Supports existing business systems applications and their underlying infrastructure. Ensures that application design aligns with the organization’s strategic technology direction. Provides consultation in regard to application design assistance, technical requirement specification, and level of effort estimates. Recommends strategies for improving system applications with a focus on ease of deployment, security, reliability, stability, and performance
- Drives the development of a global system and software architecture.
- Senior technical contributor on multiple software development projects and assigns tasks to junior engineers, oversees the execution of tasks and provides mentorship and guidance as needed.
- Contributes to business requirement definition and use case design as technical expert.
- Plans and executes “zero down-time” software deployments.
- Converts business requirements into architectural designs and detailed technical designs.
- Identifies tasks, effort and dependencies based on software architecture and specifications.
- Translates designs and specifications into software components and writes software code/components using VB.NET, C#, PL/SQL and/or C++.
- Develops data layer and objects using object-oriented design skills and expertise with Oracle and/or SQL Server database programs to write SQL code and database programs.
- Defines test cases, leads code reviews and generates and maintains relevant documentation.
- Provides tier three software issue analysis and resolution for .NET applications.
- Develop and maintain continuous deployment architectures
- Deployment of services and applications to AWS
- Serve on the on-call rotation with other engineers on the team
- Lead a team of 3-5 offshore resources
EDUCATION: BA or BS degree in CS, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent
- 10+ years software application development and design experience.
- 5+ years experience integrating with an Oracle RDBMS required.
- Proficient in C#, SQL, PostGres SQL, Oracle or SQL Server
- Understand fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with various design, architectural patterns and continuous integration
- Familiarity with AWS or Azure, the Mono framework, Angular.js, HTML, and CSS
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Interacts with management and staff across the organization