Principal Backend Engineer - Sustainability Tech Team- Remote at Indigo
Does fighting climate change through regenerative farming practices at a scale sound interesting to you?
Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo Ag helps farmers make farming more sustainable to combat climate change and protect the environment. Our grain, carbon, and transportation marketplaces enable farmers to profit from those sustainable choices.
We are looking for a Principal Backend Engineer to join the Data Validation team under Sustainability Tech. We are committed to crafting and maintaining trustworthy applications that help our growers move towards better, more efficient agricultural practices. In this role you will architect and provide hands-on technical expertise in scaling our existing data validation service and in executing infrastructure improvements. This is a great opportunity to scale something up in the latest tech stack and make a tangible impact on climate change in the process.
About this role:
As an engineer on the Carbon Team you will:
- Architect and implement changes to enable automation and improvements to product quality, and performance.
- Drive the technical strategy to enable clear, quick, and quantitative understanding of pipeline changes.
- Contribute to the effort in scaling our service as we welcome more and more growers to our program.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency, propose, lead and implement solutions.
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews, and mentor fellow engineers.
- You have working experience with Python.
- You have a track record as a hands-on technical leader writing and shipping high-quality, highly-reliable and scalable production code.
- You have experience in architecting, leading, scaling up services, standing-up new infrastructure, and improving existing ones.
- You have experience establishing software engineering and system design best practices.
- You have experience with containerization and deploying to cloud environments.
- You are a fast learner and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You are able to effectively communicate technical ideas to and collaborate with other teams of engineers and non-engineers.
- You enjoy mentoring others and driving technical excellence.
- You have a degree in a Scientific or Engineering field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with scientists or working in a research environment is highly desired.
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed above are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace the unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list above aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Competitive compensation including stock options