Principal Architect at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Principal Architect will contribute to development of Nuance Dragon Medical One. The position holder will work as part of an agile development team for Dragon Medical One and work with an exciting mixture of technologies.
Dragon Medical One is a cloud-based, secure speech recognition solution for the healthcare market, enabling healthcare providers to efficiently document using their voice. The position holder is expected to be member of a global product development team. They actively contribute to software development with a strong focus on architecture and design being a member of a distributed architecture team.
- Contribution to requirements engineering, leading architecture and design activities.
- Communicate architecture/design concepts and principles to guide scrum teams towards creating software with increased testability, maintainability, stability,
- Proactively communicate with peer architects in related product teams
- Actively participate as a senior team member in all phases of the development process.
- Ability to develop and present concepts and proof-of-concepts.
- Produce and maintain high quality, scalable enterprise software.
- Effectively work with multiple stakeholders and teams located in different geographical locations
- Facilitate technical and security discussions to develop solutions.
Education: Master's degree in computer science, engineering, math or related field.
Years of Experience: 5+
- 9+ years of professional software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience as an Architect.
- Excellent design and architecture skills.
- Curiosity about new technologies and trends (industry and Nuance internal)
- Excellent understanding of architecture and design patterns, coding principles and guidelines.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- Experience with C#, C++ development and scripting languages.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Good experience on unit testing and other methods to ensure high quality code releases.
- Ability to contribute to requirements engineering and top-level design.
- Experience with continuous software integration and deployment.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo and other Atlassian tools.
- Experience with development of Healthcare Information technology applications.
- Familiarity with enterprise-level models of agile development (scrum at scale, SAFe or similar)
- Experience with professional product development in combination with speech recognition technologies and/or artificial intelligence.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (“Nuance”) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.