Polyglot Engineer, Python/API
Chewy is looking for a Polyglot Software Engineer to join our Pharmacy team in Boston, MA. This person will be responsible for driving the software development and engineering efforts that power software solutions for Chewy’s millions of customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Be part of an implementation team working on a full application stack (Python API backend, postgres and No-SQL databases, Vue/JS front end, native mobile applications (iOS, Android). This role is focused on the application and API services in python, but our engineers work across the stack in multiple technologies.
- Create scalable services and applications (both server and serverless)
- Integrate external systems using REST and Graphql APIs
- Create unit and integrations tests, and perform code reviews within a team programming environment
- Deploy and maintain applications in AWS cloud
- Be ready to work in configuration-as-code environment (we use Terraform, but similar experience in Cloudformation is great too)
- Work with UX designers and product managers to turn requirements into amazing software
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years experience with Python 3 (or similar)
- 2+years with Django, including Django ORM and templating language, or a similar web application framework
- Familiarity with cloud & orchestration technologies (AWS, Terraform, Ansible, etc).
- Be comfortable supporting highly technical software teams.
- Experience working in a large-scale enterprise environment
- Position may require travel
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]