Optical Systems Lead at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The optical system is a core component of many Formlabs products. The designs balance high precision with an accessible cost point, and typically drive the performance of the overall system. Our optical engineers work on the entire life cycle of the products they create - from the first whiteboard sketch to assembly at high volumes. We work quickly to prototype, test, and iterate, while collaborating closely with dozens of other engineers, spanning multiple disciplines across the company.
If you're looking to lead and develop a team of talented Optical System engineers as we create next-generation digital fabrication technology, then we want you as our Optical Systems Lead.
- Drive the optical system roadmap and long term strategy
- Provide technical contributions and guidance to the development of optical systems from concept through production
- Be able to provide technical/product/risk/schedule tradeoffs to high level stakeholders
- Organize, prioritize, and coordinate work phases to hit schedules and make the optical systems team efficient
- Be an effective people manager who provides technical guidance, project prioritization, and facilitates career growth for team members
- Hire and build the optical systems functional group at Formlabs
- Interface with other functional leaders to develop world class products
- Determine project resource requirements, including schedule, staffing, budget, workspace, etc.
- Piloted complex optical products through the entire product life cycle from concept to production
- Previous experience managing a team of engineers
- A technical expert, with strong domain knowledge of optical systems
- Broad knowledge of different types of optical systems and components
- Able to communicate fluidly across technical domains
- Ready to lead in a fast-paced and high-growth environment
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.