Multidisciplinary Engineer at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our growing North Carolina team is a mix of mechanical, systems, and software engineers who are strong multidisciplinary engineers. They are the mad scientists that develop the newest 3d printer technology for Formlabs. This group works closely with other engineering teams to research and produce next generation printers. They use engineering, physics, and experimentation to turn goop into beautiful and accurate parts.
Do you love hacking and DIY projects? Are you obsessed with figuring out how to make a complex system work better? Then we want you to join our team!
- Technical leader for the team who mentors others in the areas of your expertise
- Design, build, and innovate new 3D printing techniques - from developing new printer architectures to validating minute changes in galvo control
- Tackle complex and open-ended problems across multiple engineering disciplines
- Design and execute experiments and use the results to inform and develop improvements in software or hardware
- Evaluate current printer performance for areas for improvement
- Strong in two areas of engineering disciplines such as meche, software, electrical, optics, material, or systems engineering
- Are willing to question assumptions and back it up with data
- Able to work autonomously to research
- Understand programming and scientific computing, ideally Python or Matlab
- B.S., M.S., or PhD in an engineering field (all are welcome)
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Previous work on a consumer product
- Developed physics-based models of complex systems
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.