Mobile Software Engineer (Android/iOS) at Drift
Drift is the new way businesses buy from businesses. With its quickly evolving set of tools and playbooks, Drift is the world’s leading conversational marketing platform, trusted by top enterprise businesses like Marketo, Okta, Outreach, Ellie Mae, and over 150,000 other businesses. Sales and marketing teams rely on Drift to connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. Based in Boston, Drift was founded by serial marketing technology entrepreneurs David Cancel and Elias Torres and is backed by leading venture capitalists including CRV, General Catalyst, and Sequoia.
Come build the future of conversations & commerce
At Drift, we create conversations that make our customers successful. We want engineers who are ready to tackle some of the most meaningful problems in the industry—from building adaptive AI for bot-supported conversations, to designing next generation chat experiences, to bridging the gap between old and new ways to buy. We want you to join us as we change the global buying experience.
About the role
- Steer the success of our mobile apps in our broad culture of autonomy. You have the authority and responsibility to make things happen!
- Become fluent in a wide range of systems, processes and technologies. Your team will own problems from end-to-end.
- Create new relationships across the organization in sales, customer success, marketing
- Uphold our Drift Leadership Principles and be the teammate you want to work with.
Who you'll work with
Whether you're an intern or a principal, you will get to work on hard problems together. We want you to bring out your unique experience and specialities!
- Daphne Funston, Product Manager, just joined the team but already pushing the boundaries on our chat and mobile products
- Trevor Rundell, Director of Engineering, joined Feb. 2016. Trun is the go-to guy for anything tech or getting deep on a problem.
- Amanda Yee, Senior Product designer, our oldest designer at Drift, Amanda understands the sales rep user better than almost anyone else.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
- Creating Infrastructure that processes billions of messages a minute to extract buyer intent and priority for conversations
- Developing complex machine learning models to help website visitors get connected with the right person as fast as possible
- Building tools to trace and visualize any message ever sent so customers can zero in on giving the best buying experience
- Turn our customer success team and salespeople into data superheroes with data ops automation and slack commands
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Are passionate about mobile development and ready to jump anywhere it takes to solve problems and delight customers
- Have experience programming for iOS (Objective-C or Swift) or Android (Java or Kotlin)
- Take pride in creating results quickly by breaking projects down. We execute on small pieces to generate visible results
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise to help expand our app's reach
- Can stitch together many different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
- Can put yourself in the shoes of our customers to unite design & code and craft fantastic experiences
- Uphold quality standards in engineering, security, and design, always searching for new, better ways to get things done
- Value ego free code reviews
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]