Mechanical Engineer at Formlabs (Somerville, MA)
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
As mechanical engineers at a 3D printing company we create tools we use ourselves. We’re excited to build devices that not only create beautiful parts but also reflect careful user experience design. Our team prototypes, designs, and manufactures the mechanisms and systems that make our printers function with precision and reliability.
If you want to help design and create the tools you would love to use yourself, we want you as a Mechanical Engineer.
- Prototype new mechanisms, test materials, and research 3D printing challenges
- Analyze, test, validate and iterate on electro-mechanical systems
- Create detailed designs in CAD and well-specified, accurate drawings
- Collaborate with our Global Sourcing and Manufacturing Teams to bring designs from prototype to mass production
- Push the capabilities of 3D printing
- Strive to maximize customer value
- Engineer the most amazing desktop 3D printer on the market
- Want to build a precision tool that is beautiful inside and out
- Enjoy the gritty details of part design, material selection, and manufacturing techniques
- Craft elegant designs that function with efficiency and simplicity
- Use 3D CAD (Solidworks/Onshape) to design components, produce drawings, and build assemblies
- Are familiar with a variety of manufacturing techniques including injection molding and sheet metal fabrication
- Can prototype your own designs in our well equipped shop
- Have experience with the full product development cycle
- Can communicate seamlessly with vendors and suppliers across the globe
- Are hands-on and willing to cross discipline boundaries to solve a problem
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Programming skills (Python)
- Experience working with a contract manufacturer
- PLM/document control systems
- Industrial design
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.