Materials Scientist - Dental/Medical at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking 3D printing materials to every dental/medical professional.
3D printing is exploding in the medical and dental industry, and materials development presents one of the greatest opportunities to innovate. Advanced 3D printing materials enable medical professionals to deliver better and more efficient treatments to a wider range of patients. Our materials team works closely with hardware and software engineers to develop and troubleshoot new resins that produce the results our customers need.
If you are a formulation expert looking to develop innovative materials for our 3D printing platforms, and excited to break new ground in an industry that’s moving at lightning speed, we want you as a Materials Scientist working on our Dental/Medical products.
- Formulate high performance 3D printing materials for medical/dental applications
- Independently lead and execute formulation activities at a rapid pace
- Take materials from concept to commercialization
- Collaborate closely with our product, engineering, manufacturing teams to bring innovative materials to medical and dental markets
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in developing polymeric materials in the medical device industry
- Experience in medical device regulations, ISO 13485 or other quality management systems, and biocompatibility testing and protocols
- Proven track record of new product development and commercialization
- Expertise in formulating high-performance polymers
- Able to operate with minimum management in a complex environment
- Excited to collaborate with a diverse group of scientists and engineers
- BS or MS or PhD in Chemistry, Material Science, Polymer Science or related field.
- Experience with 3D printing
- Dental material development
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.