Acquia is seeking a Manager of Cloud Engineering with experience and passion for building and leading high performing teams. You will advocate for technology, infrastructure, quality, security, performance, and operational ownership and continuously improve both process and people. You will be responsible for managing and recruiting world class engineering teams. To be successful in this role, you must be a driven, challenging, decisive thinker and manager with a deep and proven track record of leading technology teams entering the maturity phase. You will report to the Chief Architect.
- Manage onshore, offshore, contract, and partner personnel
- Mentor staff, employee administration
- Budget for resource allocation, tooling, and 3rd-party services
- Set objectives (with dates and key results), and perform quarterly and annual reviews of direct reports against those objectives
- Work with product team to define teams roadmap
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies and concepts, PaaS, SaaS, and AWS
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple projects in parallel and to deliver on plan
- Experience recruiting, hiring and retaining top engineering talent
- Experience with Agile software development approach
- Experience with building and running micro services
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comp Sci or engineering degree with 2+ years Engineering management experience
- Experience with Drupal
- Experience with LAMP hosting architecture (Varnish, Apache, Nginx, etc.)
- Experience with Linux Kernel capabilities such as Kubernetes / Docker containers.
- Contributor to Open Source projects
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.