Vestmark is looking to add a Manager of Cloud Engineering to the cloud engineering team who is highly motivated with a solid technical background in cloud technologies and solutions. You will be managing a team of cloud engineers who contribute to the development of the next-generation technology stack in AWS. You will be a hands-on leader with a mission to improve our cloud services to our internal and external customers. Your expertise in building and managing high-performance individuals will help accelerate our growing business needs.
Your experience will drive application and infrastructure deployments for new and transitioning customers from on-premise to cloud. You will partner with other engineers to enable and ensure software and systems integration to achieve reliability, scalability, and business objectives. You have a passion for cloud-based platforms with an agile, DevOps mindset to share knowledge with others and solve complex problems.
As a Manager Cloud Engineering, you will have solid experience in cybersecurity, networking, operating systems, and application architecture and a deep understanding of how applications and services are best built and run in AWS. In addition to meeting your goals, you will mentor and lead a team of talented cloud engineers helping them to set and achieve their goals and develop their professional career. This position is for a hands-on, detail-oriented individual with a passion for innovation, collaboration, ability to deal with ambiguity, and an ability to influence broadly.
- Evaluate business needs and priorities, liaise with key stakeholders and address the needs related to cloud development and operations
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications; define and gather details, definitions, and success criteria
- Partner with senior management on the vision for cloud engineering
- Provide a roadmap of the major milestones, deliverables, resource requirements, and risks
- Build a test framework for cloud development and surpass quality targets
- Liaison between other engineering and support teams to extend reach and drive adoption of AWS solutions
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Product owner of the cloud engineering team; Leader of the entire cloud development.
- 7+ years of enterprise IT application experience as a cloud architect, DevOps engineer, or a technical expert
- 3+ years of experience managing a technical team of cloud or DevOps engineers or similar technical roles
- 2+ years of hands-on software development, DevOps engineering, systems administration, IT security, network administration, and system architecture
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to manage the team remotely and assist the daily task execution, project planning, and reporting
- Demonstrated experience working on one or more cloud platforms
- Master's degree in engineering, management, or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in managing cloud or DevOps engineering teams responsible to build infrastructure as code for application deployments
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organization and presentation skills with an open mindset to collaborate and network with other department leaders
Vestmark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Vestmark prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, protected military or veteran status, and genetic information.