Linux Driver Apps Software Engineer
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients
The Sr. Linux Driver & Application Software Engineer will join a team of hardware and software developers to work on our Conversational AI product for hospitals and clinical offices worldwide. You will use your experience with operating system internals/ Device Drivers and real-time software to bridge the gap between prototype hardware and applications utilizing Nuance's industry-leading speech and AI technology. Also being an experienced software application developer, you will manage or contribute to sizable application software projects for proving out our technology. You'll also perform tasks related to keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure. All of your development work will contribute directly to commercialized solutions that will help drive Nuance's most visionary program forward.
- Experience with low-level OS/platform, understanding of Linux kernel internals
- Experience debugging and fixing complex driver issues
- Ability to work independently on complex issues and also in a collaborative environment
- Understanding of real-time software principles such as parallel execution, synchronization and memory management
- Experience customizing, building and integrating Linux based operating systems
- Can manage board bring up, BSP integration and Linux build system
- Ability to read and understand schematics, datasheets, and other technical documentation
- Embraces software development processes and software design principles
- Ability to structure and organize medium-size software application projects
- Inclination toward automation
- Expertise in C and Python
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Education: B.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or relevant work experience
- Experience debugging platform issues using debuggers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, etc.
- Good understanding of the Linux community and kernel development process
- Git experience
- Proven track record of upstream contributions to open source projects
- Familiarity with operating system hardening technologies and SELinux
- Linux container technology
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.