The Lead Software Engineer at the Edge will have the chance to influence the decisions of a new organization. Software Engineers within the Edge team are trusted to own major parts of the codebase, and we expect you to thrive as a leader in spearheading and shaping the technology direction, with support from your peers.
Software Engineers at the Edge will help develop cloud native solutions, leveraging Google Cloud Platform Services, and are able to code in languages and frameworks that fit into that ecosystem –.Net Core (C#), Golang, and Java. In addition, our automation infrastructure allows you to quickly test and deploy your code.
The Humana Edge Team is on a mission to improve health outcomes for our seniors and helping them lead a fulfilling life. The initiative is designed to improve the experiences and outcomes of Humana members. To do this we've built a team of diverse leaders from across industry giants in tech, marketing, product, medicine, and healthcare as well as successful entrepreneurs who have founded and sold breakthrough companies. Together, we are excited to shape the healthcare landscape in concert with our member community.
The Team is seeking a Lead Software Engineer tasked with building the backbone of Humana Edge, our interoperability platform. This platform powers our customer facing experience and features. The interoperability platform is envisioned to be a modern high fidelity information super highway that integrates with a multitude of data sources and presents data with the right granularity and in timely fashion.
- You'll design data models, build APIs, and orchestrate dataflow across the company.
- You’ll help us build an enterprise scale microservices architecture that will help deliver all of our capabilities to those that we serve.
- Working closely with our product team, you will focus on improving the Edge platform with both large new features and iterate through smaller enhancements that integrate across a variety of channels – web, mobile, and voice. Lastly, you will work with the analytics team to build a feedback loop to constantly improve on what we’ve already built.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or any STEM field or 12 years of related experience
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer, building cloud native applications, preferably in GCP.
- 5+ years of Software Development experience in C# (.Net and .Net Core)
- 1+ year of experience leading or defining architecture or high-level design approaches for a team of talented individuals
- Hands-on experience building production-grade microservices architecture with good knowledge of data engineering methodologies
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact with business and customer representatives
- Strong advocate for building secure solutions, be a security champion for the team. Partner to automate security assessments, perform vulnerability and penetration tests, risk analysis and be a liaison for Cybersecurity on the team
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Experience working within an DevOps style environment using agile delivery practices and methodologies.
- Familiarity with Java and Go Lang
- Data Engineering experience in Public Cloud Environment
- You treat automated testing as a first-class citizen and focus on writing solid test cases
- Have experience deploying code in containers and using tools such as Docker and/or Kubernetes in Production
- Good understanding of public cloud computing architectures and services. Experienced in the use of cloud native technologies, cloud cybersecurity, and implementation patterns to lower costs, improve speed to market, increase efficiency, and enable innovation.
- Building collaborative relationships with team members, fostering a productive team environment, and coaching staff with timely meaningful feedback
- A cloud certification on any major cloud provider
- Experience supporting live production infrastructure, can put out fires under pressure when things go wrong
- Masters in Computer Science or any STEM field
Locations: Boston, MA, WAH-MA, Louisville, KY, WAH-KY