Lead Site Reliability Engineer at Klaviyo (Greater Boston Area, MA)
- Ship foundational services to enable Klaviyo engineering to move faster with confidence
- Design and develop systems and processes that enable highly available & scalable systems
- Achieve break-throughs in systems throughput by identifying and eliminating bottlenecks
- Leverage technology such as Python, AWS, Django, Kubernetes, Bash, Terraform, MySQL, Redis, Cassandra, Postgresql to advance Klaviyo’s platform
- Champion best practices by actively collaborating with other teams in a culture that values whiteboarding and technical design review
- Contribute to the company in multiple areas, constantly pushing yourself to be a better engineer and to level up all of your peers within your team and within Klaviyo.
- Design, write and deliver software to dramatically improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Klaviyo’s services
- Participate in periodic on call duties with a focus on solving issues when they are discovered, preventing recurrences and minimizing alert fatigue
- Implement architectural improvements to achieve breakthrough results in Klaviyo systems’ operational scalability and reliability.
- Work hand-in-hand with product-facing engineers and other SREs to ship impactful code
- Perform quantitative analysis to understand and scale Klaviyo systems
- Uncover and advocate for preventative, upstream solutions with internal stakeholders
- Evangelize Site Reliability best practices across the engineering organization
- Solid 10+ years of experience in the SRE/Devops field
- BA or BS Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Ability to handle yourself in outage situations and to drive failures to root cause analysis and prevention of future issues
- Understanding of Linux (we run Ubuntu) and all layers of the networking stack
- Experience working on an engineering team building software
- Experience writing code using best practices in a language such as Python, Ruby, Go, etc.
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.