Team Lead - Marketing Engineering
We love tackling tough engineering problems and look for Engineers who specialize in certain areas but are passionate about building, owning & scaling features end to end, from scratch, and breaking through any obstacle or technical challenge in their way.
We are looking for a Lead Engineer that will bring deep technical expertise, creative problem solving, and ownership to Klaviyo’s .com site and marketing-side tech stack. You’ll develop and mentor the small but mighty engineering team in marketing and challenge what’s possible in a website experience.
How you will make a difference:
- Own, develop, and scale the Marketing site architecture, infrastructure, and tech stack
The klaviyo.com website is your product and you’ll own the code base, technical solutions, and structure that helps us scale, test, explore, innovate, and deliver a stellar on site experience.
- Lead and develop a small team with a big impact.
Lead Engineers are expected to bring to Klaviyo subject matter expertise and demonstrate adaptability by continuing to acquire and master new skills, level up all those around them, and research and prototype new technologies and solutions to help scale. You’ll develop, mentor, and inspire the engineers responsible for our website and set of marketing tools, and contribute to and collaborate with other engineering teams across the organization.
- Develop of the site UI, Marketing tools, and content
You’ll lead the charge in defining and delivering clean, functional, responsive, device friendly site code. You’ll consider the needs of not only the users on the site, but also our users in marketing who engage with the CMS on a daily basis - building and optimizing with both in mind. You’ll work to create the reusable modules and components that enable site updates made by the marketing team. And you’ll oversee the research and development of unique and engaging content and marketing tools - like interactive ebooks, data visualizations, guides, and other custom interactive experiences for marketing campaigns.
- Support for site testing and optimization
You’ll work with the performance marketing team to create the structure that allows for testing, optimization, and accurate site metrics and reporting.
- Collaborate with engineering and design across Klaviyo
You’ll work with digital designers in Marketing to develop amazing site experiences and you’ll engage across the organization with the various engineering teams to collaborate, explore, communicate challenges, learn and share knowledge.
Who You Are:
- Have 7+ years of experience building and scaling product and website experiences that matter and pushing yourself and your team to be better engineers.
- Experience developing/maintaining CMS-based templates/pages/architecture
- Enjoy working with new technologies ranging from the frontend to backend. You show this by having strong and opinionated experience with various technologies and know how to pick the right tool for any job.
- Think web experiences are often boring... but you want to change that. You have a passion for creating the best possible user experiences by applying your technical knowledge to make them better and more intuitive.
- Experience using SCSS and modular JS systems and using a build system, such as Grunt/Gulp/Yarn.
- Experience using APIs.
- Experience thinking through the scale challenges of a website and its supporting tooling of a company doubling the number of customers every year.
- Experience working with web analytics and SEO subject matter experts to measure performance.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 50,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.