At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy, support, and resources needed to build cutting edge technology and products for our parent company, S&P Global. As a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and solves the challenges of one of the world’s largest, most successful financial institutions.
As a Software Engineer on the Infrastructure Team, you will be responsible for building systems and frameworks that will used by teams across the organization. You will be working on a team with experienced engineers and have an opportunity to learn and grow. As a Software Engineer on the Infrastructure Team you have the opportunity to work on the core platform that hosts all our assets to building monitoring and alerting that identify the health of such services.
Are you looking to make impactful, scalable contributions that could transform the way people think about data? If so, we would love to help you excel here at Kensho. We take pride in our team-based, tightly-knit startup Kenshin community that provides our employees with a collaborative, communicative environment that allows us to tackle the biggest challenges in data.
What You'll Do
- You will design core, backend software components
- You will code using primarily python and shell scripting
- You will collaborate with engineers on other teams to incorporate their ideas
- You will conduct design and code reviews
- You will analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
What We Look For
- You will have 1-year of relevant work experience in software development
- You will have professional coding experience in Python, Java or Go
- You have experience architecting and developing large scale distributed systems
- You have experience in concurrency, multithreading and synchronization
- You will have familiarity with the Unix/Linux environments
How You Can Really Get Our Attention
- Your github account showing practical, entrepreneurial initiative
- You have experience building distributed systems or collaborated on a team developing internal tools
Technologies You Will Use
- Kubernetes, gRPC, Grafana, Prometheus, Kafka, PostgresQL
- Ubuntu linux or similar operating systems
Benefits and Perks
- At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance - 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 18 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC) or Equinox membership (LA, NYC)
- Stipend towards commuter or gym reimbursement
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global. As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.