Java Engineer, Pricing Optimization
Chewy is hiring a Java Developer to join our Ecommerce Software Team based in Boston, MA to innovate around and help redesign our internal price optimization tools. You’ll be working directly with key leaders of business and development to create state of the art solutions for our pricing and merchandising teams.
What You'll do:
In addition to being an expert at Java and software development, you must be independent, driven, creative, like to take ownership, participate in all phases of product development, and have excellent organization and communication skills. Additionally, you will be expected to understand the pricing methodologies from the business team, be able to conceptualize the strategies into code/algorithms, and propose new ideas from collaborative brainstorming sessions. This is a small but centrally critical team for Chewy business and software, so you’ll be involved in all phases of development, from requirements gathering, feature grooming, development, deployment, testing, and user support. You will write simple and sustainable code that reflects a constant understanding of the business needs. This is a terrific opportunity to join a thriving eCommerce company and to be a part of a dynamic, integral and successful team.
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in object-oriented languages such as Java
- SQL and database skills (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and deployment
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems.
- Have or (more importantly) be willing to learn deep domain knowledge in the area of retail e-commerce.
- Position may require travel
- Scala development experience
- AWS implementation experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Scrum, XP or other agile methodologies
- Good communication skills with both technical and business people.
- Experience with data analysis/mining in large scale database environments
- A working knowledge of optimization algorithms (e.g., linear programming) and mathematical modeling