Who we are
Drizly is a leading digital alcohol marketplace and a unique way to shop for beer, wine and spirits. Our customers trust us to be a part of their lives – their celebrations, parties, dinners and quiet nights at home. We are there when it matters - committed to life’s moments and the people who create them. We partner with the best retail stores in over 1650 cities across North America to serve up the best buying experience. Drizly offers a huge selection and competitive pricing with a side of personalized content. That is what we do. Who we are is a different story.
We are more than just another tech company. There is an intellectual curiosity that occurs at Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. Bottom line, we solve it. We value not just the truth but the process to get to the truth, to deliberate, decide and then act. Most importantly, we care. We care about our customer. We care about our company. We care about our team. There will be long days and incredible challenges.
We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time) -and even when it does, it doesn’t stop us, it energizes us.
Do you see yourself here? Read on.
Who you are
You are a tech-savvy engineer that thrives on building things with real-world applications that you and your friends could talk about. You’re at the point in your career where you’ve committed to taking action to continuously improve and readily accept assignments that broaden your capabilities. You’re also someone that knows their strengths and opportunities and proactively seeks feedback in pursuit of growth. Comfort with learning and adopting new technologies helps you keep your technical skills fresh, so you’re someone who’s comfortable experimenting until you find the tech that works. Coworkers would describe you as a flexible, open communicator that can balance taking action with driving results and you know/can clearly articulate the difference.
You are a proficient contributor that’s passionate about writing clean, readable, maintainable code and display best practices consistently sticking to style guides, git usage, and timely deployments. You’ve been trusted to own small-to-medium features from technical design through deployment and are self-sufficient in at least one area of a codebase matched by a high-level of understanding of systems interact with that codebase.
You ideally have three years of experience working in iOS development, using Swift. Objective-C and Cocoa Pods would be nice to see as well. We would be really impressed if you had experience in eCommerce, payment systems, or the food and beverage technology space.
What the role is
In this Software Engineer role, you will be an integral part of the engineering team, responsible for executing on our product roadmaps against the back-end of our consumer and retailer (think liquor store operations) tools with aggressive timelines during rapid growth. By partnering closely with product managers, customer experience, sales, and account management teams, you will contribute to faster releases that power some of Drizly’s biggest technical strategies.
- Backend and APIs comprised mostly of Ruby on Rails, Python and GoLang
- Databases: MySQL, Postgres, Elasticsearch
- CI/CD: Docker, Jenkins, Github Actions
- Production hosted in AWS and leveraging AWS services
In this role you will:
- Work with Product, UX, and other stakeholders to design, implement, document, and maintain features for different properties of the Drizly mobile app
- Stay current with new features released every year in iOS to see what we could take advantage of in our application
- Write well tested, performant code and participate in code reviews with the team
- Work with the engineering organization to level up technical processes, code quality, and system design
The Other Stuff:
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Unlimited Vacation Policy (minimums are monitored to ensure use)
- One-on-one Professional Coaching with an External Expert
- Quarterly Stipend to Support Wellness and Lifestyle
- 401 (K) Plan with Employer Match
- Sabbatical After 5 Years
- Tuition Reimbursement After 1 Year
- 16-Weeks Parental Leave
- Mental Health Benefits - 12 free therapy sessions annually
- Employee Assistance Program and Crisis Management Support
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Added Perks and Various Learning and Development Opportunities
You do you.
Drizly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
For Colorado-based roles: The salary/hourly rate range for this role is $113,700 per year - $133,800 per year. You will be eligible to participate in Drizly's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award, commissions, & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://drizly.com/careers.
BEFORE YOU APPLY...
We ask that you please remove all identifying information from your resume before you upload it on the next page in an effort to help us remove unconscious bias from our resume review process. Drizly is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment where a diverse group of people can and want to do their best work, and that starts with our hiring practices. You must reside in the United States to be considered for this position. Additionally, at time of hire we will use E-Verify to confirm your eligibility to work in the United States. You can learn more about e-verify by clicking here.
Identifying information includes your name, photos, LinkedIn URL, email address and more.